News & Blog
CityView welcomes the
Village of Downers Grove,
as its newest customer. Downers Grove sought a
new community development system in order to take advantage of the newest
technology and harness efficiencies by reviewing business processes or
implementing technology to enhance existing business processes performed by
Through its comprehensive and integrated suite of community development solutions, CityView will help Downers Grove achieve its five main goals, which include:
- Centralizing systems to reduce the number of disparate processes and duplicate entry. Because the CityView modules arefully integrated with one another, access to data is centralized, providing a single source of truth for all property-related records.
- Making system reporting easier and reports available at all levels of the organization. CityView provides adaptive technology for easy access by all stakeholders wherever they are and on whatever device. This will increase efficiency for Village staff and offer convenience to citizens.
- Decreasing the reliance on paper-based processes. CityView Electronic Plans Review provides a paperless solution for plan reviews that saves time, money and the environment while driving customer satisfaction. It will allow Downers Grove to easily circulate, review, mark up and compare documents, plans and construction drawings using the power of CityView and Bluebeam® software .
- Improving workflow processes. CityView offers optimized workflows to ensure performance and reduce errors by automating assignments and deadlines, and providing checks and balances to ensure these are met.
- Increasing self-service for both staff and the public with an improved web portal that accommodates mobile devices. The CityView Portal will allow Village citizens to initiate code cases, apply for permits, request meetings and inspections, view public information, and more online, anytime, from anywhere. CityView Mobile provides Downers Grove inspectors with the freedom to manage and record inspections in the field from their mobile device.
The Village is adopting CityView’s hosted subscription model, which provides lower up-front costs, easier administration for Downers Grove information technology staff members and a reliable infrastructure in a professionally managed data center.
About the Village of Downers Grove
The Village of Downers Grove, IL, population 48,867, is located 22 miles west of Chicago. Convenient access to Chicago via rail and several major expressways make Downers Grove a prime location to live, work and do business. Downers Grove is home to many corporate and regional headquarters including Advocate Aurora Health Care, Dover Corporation and Pepperidge Farm. Highly ranked schools were a top factor in Downers Grove being named one of the Top 10 Livable Cities for kids by Livability.com. Downers Grove has also been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Friendliest Towns.