Simplifying digital plan submissions for municipalities and contractors
The challenge: delivering planning documents
Many municipalities offer only two ways to deliver planning documents:
- Physical copies - Many require multiple copies of printed plans. Not only is this costly for the applicant and cumbersome for the City, it’s not environmentally friendly.
- Email attachments - Delivering digital plan sets by email is often unsuccessful as the files are too large for most mail servers. Not to mention, email is notoriously insecure.
The solution: CityView PlansDrop
CityView PlansDrop is a cloud-based solution that is exclusively offered to address these challenges. Contractors and applicants simply register with PlansDrop to deliver their plans electronically. Municipalities only need an internet connection to retrieve the files. Built-in security ensures proper access to the right files.
An elegant, simple to use solution that decreases or eliminates physical post boxes, file size issues and travel considerations, CityView PlansDrop also lets customers track all submissions in one place and allows municipalities to manage their online intakes for verification.
Best of all, CityView's PlansDrop service is completely free for those that want to submit plans to the jurisdictions they do business with. CityView offers the first 15GB of data storage at no charge to municipalities that subscribe. A modest monthly fee applies if the data storage exceeds 15GB at any time during the calendar month.
CityView PlansDrop offers benefits to each party:
- Contractors receive assurance that files are received immediately and securely
- Customers can upload the files from their own offices and avoid numerous expenses in the process
- Municipalities receive the files electronically and improve their carbon footprint in the process