News & Blog
January 22, 2024
Are you a problem solver with excellent communication skills and a track record of successfully managing complex projects? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you. CityView, a values-based company with a solid growth plan, is looking for a talented project manager to join our professional services team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire project lifecycle, from concept to delivery and installation, while ensuring customer satisfaction and profitability. If you're ready to take your project management career to new heights, keep reading to learn more about this exciting position.
This position offers a base salary between $80,000-$100,000 per year based on experience.
The role of a project manager
As a project manager at CityView, your primary function will be to exceed the expectations of new and existing customers by effectively managing their projects and addressing their ongoing business requirements. You will serve as the first point of contact for customers, building strong relationships both internally and externally. Your role will involve leading all aspects of project delivery, managing project scope and changes, and ensuring timely implementation. Effective communication, problem-solving and leadership skills will be key to your success in this role.
Key duties and responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
- Project delivery leadership. You will take the lead in overseeing all aspects of project delivery. This includes managing project scope, handling changes to project deliverables, and ensuring customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Communication excellence. As a project manager, you will be an effective communicator, both in presentations and in writing. Clear and concise communication will be crucial in conveying project implications, changes and objectives to customers and management.
- Team leadership. You will provide team leadership by setting priorities, making decisions and solving problems. Your ability to navigate through complex projects and guide your team will contribute to successful project outcomes.
- Issue resolution. When project issues or delays arise, you will be responsible for resolving them promptly to minimize their impact on customers.
- Scope management. You will negotiate modifications and trade-offs to project scope or delivery dates with customers, based on project deliverables, contingencies and acceptance criteria. Your ability to analyze and recommend process improvements will help optimize project outcomes.
- Customer service. Managing customer expectations and providing exceptional customer service will be a key aspect of your role. Building strong relationships with customers and ensuring their satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle will contribute to your success.
Experience and education
CityView is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or information systems preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of direct project management experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to analyze information to make independent decisions quickly and effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience negotiating resources and deliverables within a matrix organization.
- PMP designation is considered an asset.
- Experience with of local government software implementations.